30.6.14

a personal kind of post

hello!
This is a kind of personal post. Never wrote one before, I don't find it easy to talk about serious stuff, so please bear with me.
I can be described as an emotional kind of person. I laugh and cry a lot, usually for small things and many times out of the blue.
When I see an adult crying, my heart breaks.

Yesterday walking to the studio from home I saw a woman crying herself out sitting on a bench in a little garden. I stopped, wondering if I could help her, maybe somebody stole her bag? 
A man approached her and asked before I had the opportunity to do it. I got close to see if I could help. She said she was crying because she didn't know who she was. She couldn't remember.
At that moment my heart broke. The man wanted to call the police, I suggested to see if she had an ID with her or a phone. We got in contact with a woman she called many times and she came to pick her up: it was her daughter.

I spent the day thinking about this and after feeling really bad for a while I then felt happy. Happy because I felt lucky. Happy in a strange kind of way, happy with contrasting emotions. 

I meant to write a post about last week holidays, but I felt like I had to write about this instead. Not sure why.

some little things to be happy for




7 comments:

  1. It's so lucky that you were there. You knew just the right thing to do. I think it would've probably been even more scary for her to go with the police instead of going home with her daughter. I think dementia or Alzheimer's must be the most frightening thing...to just go for a walk and not know how to get back home. I remember my grandmother started to not know who some people were toward the end of her life and we couldn't let her drive or go out by herself anymore.

    Anyway, I am also a very empathetic person, and I feel things that other people feel too. It can make life hard sometimes but it might be what makes us artists also? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, it must be the most frightening thing.
      Being very empathetic can be hard sometimes, but I don't think I would have it any other way.

      Delete
  2. Wow.. that experience would stay with me for a few days... or more! So glad you were there and could help her out in her time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this story. You are right: it's the little things...which are sometimes HUGE things...that really matter. Yesterday I found out that someone I graduated from highschool with (I'm 37 this year) just passed away from colorectal cancer. Father of 3, grew up near the ocean and mountains just like I did. Life is just too short not to be HAPPY with all that we do have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa thank you so much for your comment, I agree little things are sometimes huge ones. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!